Effort reporting training
Required training for effort coordinators
Effort Reporting's online training presentations and tools are accessible via Blackboard.
Research administrators that are requesting primary or secondary access to the Effort Reporting system (ECRT) will need to first complete the required training, Administrator Sponsored Project and Effort Reporting Training, in Blackboard. To enroll in this course, follow the instructions in the get started guide or contact Cathy Short, training manager, at email@example.com
Additionally, administrators that are requesting primary or secondary access to the Effort Reporting system (ECRT) will need to first complete the required training and then submit an ECRT Access Request Form to Effort Reporting.
Instructor-led Effort reporting and ECRT trainings are offered on a regular basis throughout the year at the basic and advanced levels. The dates for current offerings as well as registration and course descriptions can be found in Talent@VCU by searching on “effort reporting”.
Effort reporting tutorials
- How to certify an effort statement with clinical activity
- How to manually certify an effort statement
- How to run a certification status report in ECRT
Effort reporting training materials
Note: ECRT was upgraded in the summer of 2017. While the upgrade did not significantly change established processes, various training was offered and informational material created to ease the transition.
- ECRT Base Salary Categories
- ECRT Upgrade Quick Guide
- ECRT Upgrade Statuses and Icons
- ECRT Training Enrollment Instructions
- Getting Started in Research Administration
- ECRT Certification Status Report
- ECRT Certification Status Summary Report
- ECRT Department Org Code Report
- How to Certify - Certifiers
- How to Certify My Researchers-PI Access