Effort reporting training
Required training and ECC access for effort coordinators
Research administrators requesting primary or secondary access to the Effort Reporting system (ECC) first need to complete the required course, Effort Reporting 101: Effort Coordinator Training, in Canvas. To access the course and request ECC access, please follow the below steps.
- Log into VCU Canvas using your VCU eID and password.
- Enroll in the “Effort Reporting 101: Effort Coordinator Training” course. You may search use this self-enroll link once logged in, or alternatively search for the course name under the Courses tab. Select “All Courses” and “Browse More Courses”. Search for the course name. Click “Join this Course” and then “Enroll in Course”.
- After completing the training, please fill out this ECC Access Request Form. Upon completion, you should receive an email confirming that the requested access has been granted by the effort reporting team within 48 hours.
Instructor-led Effort reporting and ECC trainings are offered on a regular basis throughout the year at the basic and advanced levels. The dates for current offerings as well as registration and course descriptions can be found in Talent@VCU by searching on “effort reporting”.
Effort reporting tutorials
- How to Certify an Effort Statement
- How to Certify a Project Statement
- How to Pre-Review Effort Statements
- How to Pre-Review Project Statements
- How to Run a Certification Status Report
- How to Run a Project Status Report
- How to Process a Cost Transfer Needed Request in ECC
- How to Assign Secondary Effort Coordinators in ECC
- How to Manually Certify an Effort Statement