Banner job aids
New! Banner 9 Self-Service Job Aids:
- Viewing Documents in Self-Service
- Approving Documents in Self-Service
- Entering a Journal Voucher in Self-Service
- Entering a Budget Entry in Self-Service
- Entering a Cash Receipt in Self-Service
- Removing a PO Encumbrance in Self-Service
- Removing a Travel Encumbrance in Self-Service
- Budget Queries in Self-Service
Learn more about Banner 9 admin pages:
Welcome to Banner Finance Job Aids. On this page you can find Banner Finance reference materials and quick how-to links below.
Most of the reference materials on this page are in Microsoft Word format.
If you are looking for more comprehensive training presentations, please go back to your Blackboard Course List (Course in which I am enrolled) to review your Banner Finance courses and documents.
How do I . . . . . . . ?
Learn the basics?
- Get Banner Finance Access
- Pick the best internet browser for Banner Finance?
- Customize my Banner Form names?
- What are Banner Pages?
- What are Banner indexes (org codes) and accounts?
- What are Banner program codes?
- What are Banner document types?
- What are Banner rule classes (rule codes)?
- What is organizational hierarchy?
Find financial information in Banner Finance?
- Find budget and expense totals for my index (org)?
- View transactions posted to a Banner index (org)?
- View a list of encumbrances (purchase orders) posted to my index (org)?
- Salary encumbrances in Banner?
- Download information from a Banner form?
- View purchase order and/or payment information in Banner?
- Look up a vendor in Banner?
- View financial information about a grant (sponsored) in Banner?
- View general ledger information (cash, liabilities, etc.) in Banner?
Enter and approve transactions?
- Receive a purchase order in Banner?
- Approve a document (transaction) in Banner?
- Make a budget entry?
- Do a journal voucher?
- Do a cash receipt (enter a deposit)?
- Remove an encumbrance?
- Remove a travel encumbrance?
- Banner Fixed Asset Aid
Find Banner Finance reports?
- Run a fixed asset inventory report?
- Run a budget status or org hierarchy report in Banner?
- Find monthly ePrint reports for my index (org)?
- Run a report for my index (org) in the VCU Reporting Center?
Manage my Banner indexes (orgs)?
- Reconcile my Banner index (org)?
- Use the Research Dashboard to manage sponsored programs (courtesy of School of Medicine)?
- Use the Finance Dashboard to manage departmental funds and indexes?
- Complete a fixed asset inventory?
Other helpful links
- Fiscal Administrator Department Directory
- Chrome River Travel Approvers Directory
- Learn more about facilities and administrative cost recoveries
- Learn More about Grant Management in Banner
Copyright restrictions: All users of VCU Controller's Office resources must respect the copyrights in works that are accessible through computers connected to the VCU network or the portions of this network accessible by public via Internet. No copyrighted work may be copied, published, disseminated, displayed, performed or played without permission on the copyright holder except in accordance with fair use or terms of license agreement. This restriction includes but it not limited to training documents, presentations, and other copyrighted material.